We find ourselves in a pause between how things used to be and the unknown days ahead. The world is captive to a strange isolation while at the same time building unprecedented histories. The ordinary gulf between quarantine and community collapses. We are all alone, together.
Everyone wants to know how soon, how fast, for who, to whom, how many, how much. In the midst of massive revisions—for justice, for health, for reform—DesignInquiry wonders where gentle, considered, slow, and small moves can be found.
Prepostness embraces this moment of distortion, collision and pause for working together and apart, so we can give shape and meaning to our collective existential dread.
“You must go on. I can’t go on. I’ll go on.”
June 20–26, 2021 Vinalhaven, Maine
Suits 12 residents
$750 USD contribution toward residency costs, including housing, groceries and some drinks. Limited scholarships are available.
How to apply
- The Basics. Name and Contact information.
- Tell us about yourself (and list team members, if applicable.
- Describe the pre/post/ness project and/or what you hope to accomplish during the residency.
- How does your project embody pre/post/ness, as related to your personal sphere of practice(or not)?
- Describe a possible distribution and dissemination strategy for the project’s outcomes and the project’s anticipated impact.
- Who else needs to know about DesignInquiry pre/post/ness? We welcome bright lights from varied disciplines who can help expand the topic in all directions.
Send your application—in an email—to email@example.com. Framers review questionnaires and assemble DesignInquirers based on potency and pre/post/ness compatibility. Applications close when the residency is full.